A Blueberry Lemon Galette with a WOW factor! THE most Intense Flaky, Buttery, Brown Butter Crust takes Pie on Another Level! Rosemary’s earthy note tones back the sweetness of Blueberries while naturally melding the Sweet, Citrus and Buttery flavors together perfectly. This is one dessert, without a doubt, will have you back for more!
BROWN BUTTER CRUST
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups (281 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (72 grams) super-fine almond flour
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (4.5 grams) kosher salt
- 1 large egg (50 grams)
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) cold buttermilk
BLUEBERRY LEMON FILLING
- 1 pound (454 grams) fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons (25 grams) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons (32 grams) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (8 grams) lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) heavy cream
- Line a small bowl with foil allowing excess to extend over the sides of the bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir butter and cook until golden brown in color and has a nutty aroma, about 6 to 8 minutes. Quickly remove from heat and pour butter into the prepared bowl; freeze for 1 hour. Butter should reduce to about 180 grams.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar and salt; set aside.
- Remove butter from freezer and use the excess foil over the sides of the bowl as handles to remove the butter; cut into small cubes.
- Toss butter into the flour mixture to coat. Using a pastry blender or long-tined fork, cut in the cold butter until the mixture becomes crumbly about the size of small peas. Gradually add egg and 1 tablespoon of cold buttermilk at a time and continue to cut into the flour mixture until a dough forms and is able to leave the sides of the bowl becoming one cohesive mass of dough.
- Shape dough into a flattened disk. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow dough to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, gently toss together all filling ingredients; set aside. Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) and line a medium size baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat; set aside.
- Once pastry dough has chilled, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle about 1/4 inch (1/2 mm) thick over the plastic wrap. To achieve a cleaner finish, place a large inverted plate or bowl over the dough and trim the edges. Use remaining scraps to fill in any gaps or tears within the rolled out dough.
- Grabbing opposite edges of the plastic wrap, gently transfer and flip the dough over onto the pre-lined baking sheet. Spoon blueberry filling into the center about 2 inches (5 cm) from the edge. Fold crust upward and over the sides of the blueberries. Using a pastry brush, brush a thin layer of heavy cream over the sides of the crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the crust is soft to the touch yet holds up firm when touched. Remove from heat and allow galette to rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to further cool. Once ready to serve, add a scoop of homemade vanilla bean ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. ENJOY!
- 1 lemon has 2 tablespoons of juice.
- 1 lemon has 1 tablespoon of zest.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Pie
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: blueberry lemon pie, blueberry lemon galette, brown butter crust, brown butter pie, fruit pie