The Softest and Most Flavorful Brown Butter Rice Krispies Treats that’s Fun to make with Kids and great to Share amongst Family and Friends during the Easter Holiday. Plus one small ingredient to make these the softest treats lasting for days!
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (156 grams) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 oz (283 grams) mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups (158 grams) Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup (227 grams) M&M’s milk chocolate pastel candy, divided
- Line a 9×9 inch (23×23 cm) pan with wax paper leaving extra hang over the sides for easy removal.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir butter and cook until golden brown in color and has a nutty aroma, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and salt over low to medium heat.
- Pour in marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Turn off heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour cereal into the melted marshmallow mixture and gently fold until all cereal is mixed in marshmallow. Wait at least 5 minutes to allow the mixture to cool.
- Once mixture is cooled to the touch, quickly mix in about 3/4 cup of M&M’s candy. Drop spoon the cereal mixture into the prepared pan and gently press down to create an even surface across the top. Sprinkle remaining candy across the top and gently push each piece into the treats to stick. Allow treats to fully cool before cutting into squares and serving. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brown butter, rice krispies treats, cereal