- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 tablespoons salted butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg plus 1 large yolk
- 1 ½ cups toffee chips
- 1 ½ cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- In small bowl, whisk flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter until it becomes a dark golden brown and has a nutty aroma, 1 to 3 minutes. Transfer melted butter to a large bowl and stir till for a minute to cool.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla; whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add egg and yolk and whisk until mixture is smooth with no sugar lumps remaining, about 30 seconds. Allow mixture to rest for 3 minutes, then whisk for 30 seconds. Repeat process of resting and whisking 2 more times until mixture is thick, smooth and shiny.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- Returning to the butter mixture, stir in 1 cup of toffee chips and 1 cup of walnuts. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Note: dough may be dry, use your fingertips for assistance.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop mounds of dough onto the lined baking sheets spaced 2 inches apart. Lightly press the remaining ½ cup of each toffee chips and walnuts on each mound of cookie dough.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes. Let cookies cool to room temperature on a wire rack before serving. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: American