- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking pad.
- In small bowl, whisk flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter until it becomes a dark golden brown and has a nutty aroma, 1 to 3 minutes. Transfer melted butter to a large bowl and stir till for a minute to cool.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla; whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add egg and yolk and whisk until mixture is smooth with no sugar lumps remaining, about 30 seconds.
- Let mixture stand for 3 minutes, then whisk for 30 seconds; repeat process of resting and whisking 2 more times until mixture is thick, smooth and shiny.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Note: Dough may be dry, use your fingertips for assistance.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop dough and lay onto baking sheet and space them 2 inches apart. Pat down bacon on top of each cookie as much or as little as desired.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes. Let cookies cool to room temperature on a wire rack. ENJOY!
Chopped cooked bacon may be added into the mixture with the chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: American