Sweet vanilla and a subtle champagne flavor, this two-layered Champagne Bundt Cake can be enjoyed by everyone this New Year’s Eve!
- 3 cups (360g) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (9 grams) baking powder
- 1 1/2 (10 grams) teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups (339g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons (23g) pure vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (270g) champagne or sparkling wine, divided
- 3 cups (270 grams) powdered sugar
- white and gold sprinkles (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare two 6-inch bundt pans with baking spray with flour or grease bottom and sides with butter and lightly flour to coat; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl attached to a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, whip butter until light and airy. While mixer is still on, gradually add sugar and continue to mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until fully blended. Mix in 1 tablespoon (13 grams) of vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture in 3 parts alternating with 3/4 cup (180 grams) champagne. Pour batter about 3/4 full in each prepared baking pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or a few dry crumbs remain.
- Allow cakes to rest in the pans for 10 minutes before inverting them out of the pan onto a cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk powdered sugar, 4 tablespoons (60 grams) champagne and 2 teaspoons (10 grams) vanilla until smooth. If glaze is too thick, add champagne 1 tablespoon (15 grams) at a time until desired consistency is achieved. Alternatively, if the glaze is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
Any remaining batter could be used to fill 6 bundtlette tins about 3/4 full and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: New Year's Eve Cake, Champagne Cake, two layered cake, two-tiered cake, champagne bundt cake