A warm ooey gooey chocolaty cake with dripping caramel, drizzled chocolate, chocolate chips and toasted pecans!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 oz. semi sweet baking chocolate, melted, cooled
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 bag (14 oz.) caramels, unwrapped
- 1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour bottom and sides of 13×9-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, beat all cake ingredients together. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup butter, caramels, and evaporated milk over medium heat; stir until smooth.
- Spread caramel sauce over hot cake, Sprinkle with chopped chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Cool for about 1 hour or serve warm. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turtle cake, pecans