A banana bread so moist with a crispy crust and an added flavor contrast of chocolate will make one sweet breakfast.
- 1 3/4 cups (210 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (100 grams)
- 1 1/4 cups (250 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 very ripe medium bananas (165 grams), mashed
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 3 oz (85 grams) semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons (12 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Coat the bottom and sides of a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray with flour; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment on low to medium speed, mix eggs and sugar for 1 minute. Mix in banana, butter, buttermilk and vanilla until just combined. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture and continue to mix until just combined.
- Remove about 2/3 of the batter into a separate bowl; set aside. In the remaining 1/3 of the batter on low speed, mix in melted chocolate and cocoa powder until just combined.
- Pour about 1 cup of the reserved banana batter into the prepared pan. Spoon large dollops of the chocolate-banana batter on top and continue to layer both batters. To create the chocolate swirl, use a knife to cut through the batter in swirl motion. Be sure to cut through only a few times to not overmix the batters together.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean or with a few dry crumbs. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes before carefully removing it onto a wire rack for further cooling. Best served warm with butter. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate banana bread, quick bread, banana bread, marble bread