The banana flavor may be the highlight of these Nut Bars but it’s the pools of melty chocolate that spreads throughout, is the main attraction. These Chocolate Banana Nut Bars have an incredible banana flavor with a scrumptious bite of toasted walnuts and oats.
- 3/4 cup (84 grams) chopped walnuts
- 2 overripe bananas (162 grams), mashed
- 1/4 cup (56 grams) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (135 grams) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 oz. (113 grams) vegan semisweet chocolate, chopped or 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 200°F (95°C). Line an 8×8 inch (20×20 cm) baking pan with aluminum foil leaving extra foil to hand over two opposite sides for easy removal. Generously coat the bottom and sides of the foil with baking spray with flour; set aside.
- Evenly spread walnuts over a small baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Transfer walnuts to a clean sheet of parchment paper to cool to room temperature. Increase oven temperature to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix banana, oil, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda. Stir in the banana mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the walnuts and chocolate. Be sure to not overmix. Spread mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow at least 2 hours to set and cool to room temperature before cutting. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Bars
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana nut bars, chocolate banana bars, oat bars, vegan bars, vegan banana nut bars, dairy free bars