A Slice of this Soft and Sweet Quick Bread with Apple Chunks, Bits of Chocolate and Toasted Walnuts Makes for a Wonderful Morning Treat or Snack Throughout the Day!
- 1/3 cup (45 grams) toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (25 grams) mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons (25 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon (2 grams) ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (4 grams) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (5 grams) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (2 grams) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (100 grams)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (180 grams) apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Line a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with aluminum foil leaving excess foil to hang over two opposite sides for easy removal. Grease and flour bottom and sides of pan or use a baking spray with flour; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix all crumb topping ingredients together: sugar, cinnamon and walnuts; set aside. In a medium bowl whisk flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy. Add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; mix until just combined. On low speed, gradually mix in flour mixture. Stir in apples, walnuts and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top with crumb topping.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow bread to cool in pan for 10 minutes before grabbing the foil overhang to remove to a wire rack for further cooling. Slice loaf warm or at room temperature. Serve with butter or jam. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Cuisine: American