Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a classic sweet bread just about anyone can make and relish. Savor your next warm slice with melted butter served with coffee or tea for breakfast or as a snack.
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips, divided
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 10×4 inch (25×10 cm) loaf pan with aluminum foil allowing a few inches of excess foil to hang over the long edges of the pan for easy removal. Grease and flour the bottom and sides of the foil and dust with cinnamon sugar. Set the pan to the side.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy. Mix in mashed bananas, sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until just combined. Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips. Pour batter into the prepared pan about two-thirds full. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check for doneness at the 1 hour mark. The loaf is ready once a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing onto a wire rack for further cooling. Once warm to the touch, cut into 1/2 inch slices and ENJOY!
- You may substitute low fat sour cream for regular sour cream.
- You may substitute dark chocolate chips for milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip bread, banana bread, chocolate chip banana bread, dark chocolate