The Perfect Energy Bar when you’re on the run. With a Tropical Flare of Coconut and a touch of the Natural Sweetness of Raisins and Honey, these nut bars are an excellent source of Protein and good fats to keep you energized.
- 2 cups (180 grams) rolled oats
- 1 cup (56 grams) dry unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup (110 grams) chopped raisins
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup (85 grams) whole spanish peanuts
- 1/2 cup (67 grams) sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons (20 grams) chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups (341 grams) peanut butter
- 1 cup (227 grams) honey
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil leaving excess hang over on the long sides for easy removal. Generously coat bottom and sides over the foil with baking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, raisins, almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds and chia seeds.
- In a small bowl, heat peanut butter and honey together in the microwave for 1 minute. Add vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add nut-mixture to the oat-mixture. Stir until well combined. Spread mixture into the prepared baking pan. Pat mixture down to form a uniform shape about 1 inch thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Do not over bake. The center may remain slightly tacky but will firm upon cooling. Leave to cool for a minimum of 1 hour before cutting. When ready, cut into 1 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch bars and ENJOY!
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: energy bars