Your furry friends will love the new twist on the traditional Dog Safe Carob Brownies with the addition of Peanut Butter Swirled over the top!
PEANUT BUTTER SWIRL
- 4 ounces Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup reduced fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup carob powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a medium bowl, mix Neufchâtel cheese, peanut butter together until there are no visible white streaks. Add egg and vanilla, mix until light and creamy; set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil. Generously grease bottom and sides using a baking spray with flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, honey, 4 eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla until just combined. Add flour, carob powder and baking powder and mix until just combined. Note: small clumps of carob may be present.
- Evenly spread batter into lined baking pan. Drop scoop peanut butter-cream cheese mixture over brownie batter. Using a toothpick or butter knife, cut through both mixtures to form swirls. Gently tap pan a few times over the counter to settle any gaps that may have formed from the swirls.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares appropriate for the size of your dog. ENJOY!
For thinner brownies, use a 9-inch square baking pan.
Full fat versions of cream cheese and peanut butter may be substituted.
There are several common dog allergies/intolerances that can develop over time which may include and is not limited to certain proteins, corn, wheat and soy. Please check with your veterinarian if your pet can consume any of the listed ingredients found in this recipe.
- Category: Canine
- Serving Size: Ask your veterinarian