If you have 15 minutes, you can make this simple hot fudge right at home! You can pour it over your favorite desserts, use it to dunk your snacks (like me with pretzels), or give it as a gift to your chocoholic friends!
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, bring cream, corn syrup, sugar, cocoa, salt and 3 ounces of chocolate chips to a boil. Continuously stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes; stir.
- Remove chocolate mixture from heat. Stir in butter, vanilla and remaining chocolate until smooth.
- Serve sauce when warm. ENJOY!
If you do not have Dutch-processed cocoa, you may substitute for unsweetened cocoa powder.
Bittersweet chocolate chips may be substituted for semisweet or dark chocolate chips.
To reheat hot fudge sauce, spoon in a microwave safe bowl and heat on HIGH at 10 second intervals; stir. Be careful! This hot fudge can burn quickly.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Cuisine: American