Enjoy the Rich Creamy taste of Spiked Eggnog in a Pots de Crème fashion that takes Minutes to Make. No-bake, Flourless, Custard Made to Impress!
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Ground nutmeg
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- Fresh mint sprigs, optional
- In a small saucepan, stir eggnog and half-and-half over medium heat until hot. Remove from heat before a simmer occurs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, cornstarch and rum extract. Pour about 1/4 cup of heated eggnog mixture into the egg mixture and stir until just combined.
- Slowly pour egg mixture back into the heated eggnog mixture, stir until just combined. Place saucepan over medium heat, stir constantly until mixture begins to boil and thicken.
- Using a fine mesh sieve over a medium bowl, sieve eggnog mixture; discard any lumps. Immediately pour mixture into 6 (2 oz) ramekins or small glass custard cups.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or until set. Once set, sprinkle nutmeg over the top and garnish with fresh mint leaves and raspberries.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Cuisine: French