- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Funfetti cake mix
- 2 tablespoons candy bit sprinkles (optional)
- In a 2-quart saucepan on medium-high heat, whisk together cream, milk, egg yolks, vanilla, and sugar until combined. Add in cake mix and continue to stir. To ensure eggs are fully cooked, cook until mixture reaches just to a boil then quickly remove from heat and continuously stir. Mixture will have thickened.
- Allow to cool until steam is no longer visible when stirred. Cover and place in the refrigerator 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Pour mixture into the ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- Five minutes before mixing of frozen custard is completed, add sprinkles one spoonful at a time (this will give an even disbursement).
- For thicker frozen custard, place into an air tight container and freeze for 2 or more hours.
Not recommended to add sprinkles during the cooking or cooling process prior to pouring into the ice cream machine as this may cause the sprinkles to ”bleed” upon stirring
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Cuisine: American