- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces Barilla Gluten Free Penne
- 3 small chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (25 ounce) tomato mushroom sauce (or any flavored sauce)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I used part-skim)
- 3/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 10–12 grape tomatoes, halved
- Fill a medium saucepan with 3 to 4 cups of water, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon oil; bring to a boil. Once boiling, cook pasta until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and return pasta to the saucepan.
- Cut chicken into strips or cubes and season with salt and pepper. Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with 1 tablespoon of oil. Once pan is heated, cook chicken strips thoroughly, about 5 minutes.
- Combine pasta and tomato sauce in with the chicken and mix until evenly coated.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a 9×13-inch baking pan, spoon half of the pasta and chicken. Evenly sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons of chopped basil; repeat with a second layer. Add sliced tomatoes over the top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and is light golden brown in color. Remove and immediately sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese. Serve warm. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Cuisine: Italian