A creamy mousse-like chocolate cheesecake wrapped in a crunchy toasted hazelnut-Oreo cookie crumb crust.
- 2 cups (30 cookies) reduced-fat Oreos, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup (5.3 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 12 oz. semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 16 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 oz. whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped + 3 whole hazelnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. On an ungreased baking sheet pan, evenly spread all chopped hazelnuts. Toast nuts for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine all crust ingredients together. Press crumbs onto bottom and sides of a 9-inch round springform baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, melt baking chocolate in microwave on HIGH at 30 second intervals, stir and repeat until approximately 75 % of chocolate is melted. Continue stirring until completely melted; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until just combined and smooth. Fold in whipped topping and gently mix in melted chocolate.
- Pour cheesecake batter into cooled crust. Use an angled spatula to evenly spread batter working from the center of the cheesecake to the edge being careful to not lift the crust.
- Garnish with remaining hazelnuts and allow to chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours or until set. ENJOY!
Best served at room temperature. When storing, keep covered and in fridge.
Reduced-fat versions of this recipe can be substituted for the full-fat version if desired.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate cheesecake, Oreo crust, chocolate hazelnut crust