- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons carob powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup crushed peanuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour cake pan; set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat on medium speed bananas and butter until creamy. Add eggs and water and beat together until just combined.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour batter evenly into cake pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Invert cake pan onto a wire rack and allow additional cooling time before frosting.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk cocoa, flour and cinnamon, set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix on medium speed banana and butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in cocoa mixture to the banana mixture on medium speed until just combined. Note: Frosting may appear lumpy due to the bananas.
- Spoon frosting onto cake and top with crushed peanuts.
**Note: All dog foods found on URBAN BAKES has been tested by me (yes, I try it too!) and is ensured that all ingredients are dog-safe through creditable online sources and veterinarians. However, there are several common allergies/intolerances that can develop over time which may include and is not limited to certain proteins, corn, wheat and soy. Please check with your veterinarian if your pet can consume any of the listed ingredients found in this recipe.**
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Canine