- 2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, prepare a lemon simple syrup with water, sugar and lemon zest. Cook mixture until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cherries, salt and lemon juice. Gently mash cherries releasing its natural juice.
- Using a fine mesh sieve over a medium bowl, strain the mixture to remove the cherry skins and pits. Repeat if necessary. Discard skins and seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Pour mixture into the ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions and allow it to mix until thickened (about 15-20 minutes). ENJOY!
For a thicker sorbet, place mixture into an air tight container and freeze for 4 or more hours.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes