- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup lime margarita mix
- 1 teaspoon grated lime
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- green food coloring (optional)
- green sugar crystals or sprinkles (optional)
- 8 lime slices (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a mini paper baking cup in each cupcake well; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In medium bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in 1 egg at a time.
- Alternately add in flour mixture and margarita mix, stir until just combined. Stir in grated lime. Pour evenly into baking cups.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, add green food coloring to the thawed whipped topping until you have reached the desired color. Note: sweetened whipped cream may be substituted for frozen whipped topping.
- Frost cupcakes and sprinkle green sugar crystals around the bottom rim of the frosting. Insert an umbrella and place a lime slice onto each cupcake. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes