A favorite New York classic with a little twist of raspberry jam centered in this delicate cake and topped with mounds of buttery, cinnamon crumbs.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, sugars, cinnamon and salt. Stir in cake flour until mixture becomes a cohesive dough; set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8×8 or 9×9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil with excess foil hanging over sides for easy removal. Lightly grease and flour bottom and sides of aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, mix together all cake ingredients (cake flour, sugar, soda, salt, oil, buttermilk and eggs) until just combined. Pour evenly into pan.
- Evenly spoon raspberry jam over batter. Use an angled spatula to help spread the jam over the batter being careful not to swirl.
- Break apart crumb topping and generously apply crumbs over the jam covering the entire surface. Continue layering until all of the crumbs are used.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crumb cake, new york style, raspberry filling