- 3 cups (2 – 3 medium) zucchinis, shredded and pat dry
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange emulsion
- 3 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice from 1 orange
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of four mini loaves pans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir zucchini, sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla, grated orange peel and orange emulsion.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and cloves. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the zucchini mixture until well blended.
- Pour batter evenly among the four prepared loaf pans. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow loaves to cool in pans for 15 minutes. Run a butter knife around the sides of each pan to loosen the loaf from the edge. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, squeeze fresh orange juice from the same orange that was grated, about 1/4 cup. Remove any seeds and large pulp. Mix in powdered sugar.
- Pour glaze into a small plastic sandwich bag and using scissors, cut one corner of the bag. Squeeze from the opposite side of the cut corner to push the glaze through and drizzle over cooled loaves.
- OR spoon glaze over the loaves above a wire rack resting over a sheet pan to catch any drippings. ENJOY!
If 4 mini loaf pans are unavailable, use 2 (8×4-inch) or 1 (9×5-inch) loaf pan(s). Bake for 50-60 minutes.
*In the photos of this post, I used 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour and 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour. The whole wheat flour will give the bread a darker color.
Once loaves are completely cooled, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 10 days.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes