Peppermint Mocha Brownie Bites are fast and easy to make with no added frosting, cream cheese, or melted candy! A great alternative to cake pops and the classic chocolate truffle.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons espresso
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup peppermint candy, crushed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with aluminum foil leaving extra foil hang over two opposite sides for easy removal. Grease and flour bottom and sides of the foil; set aside.
- In medium bowl, melt butter in microwave on HIGH for 30 second; stir. Reheat for another 15 seconds if necessary until fully melted.
- Whisk in sugar, cocoa and espresso. Beat in eggs and vanilla, about 1 minute.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in flour until flour until completely blended in cocoa. Spread batter evenly into lined pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow brownies to cool to room temperature. Trim edges and flaky top crust for a smoother brownie bite, if desired.
- Break the soft brownie into small parts and roll into 1-inch balls. Dip each ball into crushed peppermint to coat and place into a small candy or cupcake liner to serve. ENJOY!
Keep in mind, the fudgier the brownie, the “stickier” it will be to allow the crushed candy to adhere.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peppermint, brownie bites. mocha