A Flavorful Pizza Loaf that’s Simple to make and Delicious in taste! Full of fresh veggies, lean ground beef and creamy cheeses will have you wanting more than one slice!
- 1 tube (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 lb (454 grams) 90% lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt or adobo without pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup (226 grams) plain tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (21 grams) salted butter
- 1/2 cup (70 grams) green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup (62 grams) white or yellow onion, chopped
- 4 oz (113 grams) baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup (90 grams) havarti cheese, cubed or shredded
- 1/2 cup (90 grams) part-skim mozzarella cheese, cubed or sliced
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) milk
- Heat oven to 400°F (205°C). Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Unroll the pizza dough and gently stretch it until it becomes a 14×10 inch (36×25 cm) rectangle. Along each long side, cut 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide strips about 2 1/2 inches (6 cm) toward the center. Loosely lay a towel over the dough and place the baking sheet in the fridge.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, chop the beef into small pieces, season with garlic salt, oregano, paprika and black pepper. Cook the beef until the meat is no longer pink. Stir in tomato sauce; set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium to low heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Sauté green pepper, onion and mushrooms until softened. If needed, add another 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Mix sautéed vegetables into the ground beef mixture. Drain any loose liquid. Mix in the havarti cheese.
- Spoon beef mixture over the center of the pizza dough. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of the beef mixture.
- Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle over the beef. When possible, pinch the ends to seal. To give a golden finish to the crust, brush coat the top of the pizza dough with milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Allow pizza loaf to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pizza loaf, pizza recipe, ground beef and pepper, mushroom peppers and onion