A 6-ingredient delectable Shortbread Tart filled with a Smooth Dark Chocolate Ganache and Pomegranate Arils.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz (1 1/2 cups) dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Set a removable bottom tart pan over a baking sheet; set aside. Note: baking sheet is used in case there is a leakage which should not happen but this is good practice when using any pan with a removable bottom.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until just combined. Gradually add flour and continue to mix until a ball of soft dough begins to form.
- Evenly press dough into the bottom and up sides of the tart pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow crust to cool in pan while the ganache is prepared.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat heavy cream just to a boil. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and whisk until all chocolate chips have melted.
- Pour chocolate ganache into cooled crust and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or until set.
- When set, sprinkle arils over the top. Cut and serve. ENJOY!
This recipe can be made using a 9-inch round tart pan or a 13×4-inch tart pan as shown in photos.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Tart
- Cuisine: American