- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium pears, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 9×5-inch pan, coat the interior bottom and sides with baking spray; set aside.
- Place pecans in a shallow pan and toast for 5 minutes; stir and toast for an additional 5 minutes; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat sour cream, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla until just combined. Whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until no visible dry flour pockets remain. Stir in 1/2 cup toasted pecans and chopped pears.
- Pour batter into pan. Lightly press remaining 1 cup pecans on top of batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in multiple areas in the center of the loaf comes out clean. NOTE: be sure to test several areas to avoid accidently confusing doneness by inserting toothpick into a chopped pear.
- Cool bread in pan for 15 minutes; remove and transfer to cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and allow to boil for 1 minute; stir constantly. Remove from heat and continue to whisk until glaze is uniform in consistency and appears frothy.
- Pour glaze over bread and allow it to set for about 30 minutes. Slice and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour