Pretzel and Pecan Bourbon Chocolate Chip Cookies takes the classic cookie to the next level! Spiked with bourbon, it immediately delivers an incredible soothing aroma of warm vanilla notes. Add toasted pecans and salted pretzels give a satisfying crunch and flavor to the soft interior with melted chocolate for the ultimate cookie experience.
- 1 cup (42 grams) mini pretzels
- 2 cups (240 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (6 grams) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (165 grams) packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (50 grams)
- 1 large egg yolk (19 grams)
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) bourbon
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (255 grams) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup (72 grams) chopped pecans, toasted
- 24 pecan halves, toasted
- Break half of the pretzels into smaller pieces. Break remaining pretzels in half; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and kosher salt; set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of the bowl. Add in egg and egg yolk and beat at low speed until well combined. Add bourbon and vanilla, and continue to beat until just combined. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add in the flour mixture beating until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently stir in small pretzel pieces, chocolate morsels and chopped pecans. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- Once dough has chilled, use a medium (1 1/2 tablespoon) spring-loaded scoop to drop dough at least 2 1/2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Onto each of the scooped balls of dough insert 1 pecan half and 1/2 of a mini pretzel. Lightly cover and chill for another 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Once the balls of dough have chilled, bake each sheet one at a time for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges of the cookies. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Using a thin spatula, remove the cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooling time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, bourbon chocolate chip cookies, pretzel and bourbon, holiday baking, holiday cookies