- 3 oz. 60 % Cacao Baking Chips
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee, hot
- 3/4 cup bread flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons distilled apple vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup 60 % Cacao Baking Chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour bottom and sides of 10 to 12 mini bundt wells or a silicone baking tray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk 60 % Cacao Baking Chips, cocoa and coffee until baking chips are smooth and have completely melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Whisk in oil, eggs, vinegar and vanilla into the chocolate mixture and continue to stir until mixture becomes homogeneous. Add flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour about 1/3 cup or fill up to 3/4 full in each cavity.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow mini cakes to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling before pouring ganache and glaze.
- In a small saucepan, bring baking chips and heavy cream just to a boil, stir until mixture becomes homogeneous. Remove from heat and set aside to thicken.
- Reduction: In a small saucepan, mash raspberries and mix in granulated sugar; bring to a simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- In a small bowl, use a fine mesh sieve to strain the reduced raspberries, reserve the flesh to use as a compote filling and the liquid portion for the glaze.
- To make the glaze, stir 1 cup of powdered sugar to the raspberry juice and stir until the glaze is void of any sugar lumps. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of powdered sugar if a thicker consistency is desired.
- Once mini cakes are cooled, create a small well in the center of each cake and insert about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry compote.
- Place cakes over a wire rack with a plate underneath to catch any drippings. Pour ganache over each cake and leave to dry. Note: to help facilitate the drying process, chill mini cakes in the fridge for 5 to 10 minutes before drizzling the glaze.
- Meanwhile, pour glaze into one corner of a sandwich bag, seal closed and cut a small hole at one corner of the sandwich bag. Remove cakes from fridge and drizzle the tops with the raspberry glaze. ENJOY!