- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon red velvet extract or red food coloring
- In medium bowl, whisk sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Add milk, cream and extract and whisk until combined.
- Cover red velvet mixture and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Pour into the ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s directions. NOTE: if recipe calls for more batter than your machine’s limit, divide batter. Remember freezer bowl must be cleaned and refrozen prior to each subsequent use.
– For thicker ice cream, place into an air tight container and freeze for 2 or more hours. – If making by bag version, you may follow the same quantities of ingredients. Divide batter into smaller portions into the sandwich bag to prevent overflow.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes