These are THE most Crispy, Buttery-rich Cookies you’ll ever have. Packed with over 2 cups of Oatmeal per batch and Sprinkled with Coarse Salt, they are sure to keep you wanting more to munch!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt OR 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt/fleur de sel
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large cookie pans with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture and mix until smooth. Add oats and continue to mix until oats are evenly distributed in the dough.
- Using an ice cream scoop or 2 tablespoonfuls, scoop and roll dough into a ball about 1 1/2-inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Lightly press the top of each mound of dough to flatten to about 3/4 inch in thickness. Sprinkle a pinch of coarse salt (sea salt/Kosher salt/fluer de sel) over flattened cookie dough.
- Bake for 13 to 16 minutes rotating baking sheets half way during baking. Cookies are ready when golden brown and edges are crisp.
- Allow cookies to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack for additional cooling. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Cuisine: American