- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 small (6 ounces) Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/8 cup pepitas (optional)
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, stir in all ingredients except for the coconut milk and pepitas.
- Cook on low setting for 8 hours or on high setting for 4 hours.
- Using an immersion blender or food processor, blend the soup until it reaches to a thick puree consistency. Add coconut milk and continue to blend until the puree begins to thin or until just mixed thoroughly.
- Serve about 1 cup in a bowl, sprinkle pepitas over the top. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours