- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups Oreos, crushed to the size of a morsel
- In medium bowl, whisk together cocoa, sugars and salt.
- Add milk and whisk until combined and the dry ingredients are dissolved.
- Stir in heavy cream and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Based on your machine, follow the directions as described. NOTE: if this recipe calls for more batter than your machine can make, divide batter in half making one-half of the batter at a time. Remember that the bowl must be cleaned and refrozen prior to second use.
- Incorporate Oreos 2 minutes prior to completion of ice cream.
- If making by bag version, you may follow all of the same quantities of ingredients called for in this recipe with the exceptions of Step 4 and 5. You may want to divide the batter into smaller portions into the smaller sandwich bag to prevent overflow.
- For thicker ice cream, place into an air tight container and freeze for 2 or more hours.
- If desired, crushed Oreo cookies may be incorporated after the ice cream is made and in this case, large pieces are okay to use.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: American