If you like salted caramel, chocolate and oats, you’re in luck. These Carmelita squares will be your guilty pleasure!
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 8 x 8 baking pan with aluminum foil leaving tabs on two opposing ends for easy grab. Lightly grease foil.
- In small bowl, melt butter in microwave on HIGH at 30 seconds intervals stirring between each interval. May take up to 1 minute. Add vanilla, stir; set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and table salt. Add in melted butter mixture and with a fork, mix mixture to a crumble state.
- Press half of flour-oat crumble into the greased baking pan to make a cookie crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unwrap caramels and place into a small bowl with heavy cream.
- Melt caramels and cream in microwave on HIGH at 30 second intervals stirring in between each interval; set aside. May take up to 3 minutes for caramels to completely melt.
- Once cookie crust has baked, sprinkle chocolate chips evenly onto crust; do not press or spread chocolate. Evenly pour caramel on top of chocolate and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Using the remaining flour-oat crumble, sprinkle evenly on top.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt on top of crumble.
- Cool close to room temperature in pan or until pan can be easily touched by hand. Cover with plastic wrap leaving a slight opening at one corner to allow condensation to escape. Chill in refrigerator for two hours until firm enough to cut. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel, Carmelita, chocolate, oats