- 2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- In saucepan over medium-high heat, prepare a lemon simple syrup with water, sugar and lemon zest. Cook mixture until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Stir in raspberries, salt and lemon juice. Using a spatula, mash raspberries releasing its natural juice until smooth.
- Strain mixture using a fine mesh strainer over a medium bowl to remove seeds. Use the back of a spoon or spatula to aid in passing the puree through the strainer. Discard seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Pour into the ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions and allow it to mix until thickened (about 15-20 minutes).
For a thicker sorbet, place into an air tight container and freeze for 4 or more hours.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes