Made with Coconut Oil and lightly sweetened with Honey, the tropical flavors of this Coconut and Mango Granola will have you comfortable with snacking minus the guilt.
- 1/3 cup pure honey
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dried mango, chopped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a medium size baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk honey, brown sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, nutmeg and salt. Fold in oats, macadamia nuts, coconut and dried mango until well coated.
- Transfer oat mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and press firmly to about 1/3 inch in thickness while closing any gaps in the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until granola is lightly browned and dried when touched. Increase bake time to 2 minute increments if granola remains tacky. CAUTION: granola will be very HOT and can quickly burn once it’s ready. Do not bake for more than a total of 40 minutes. Use gloves when determining readiness.
- Allow granola to cool in the baking sheet for 10 minutes placed over a wire rack. While firmly grabbing onto the parchment paper or silicone mat, carefully remove the baking sheet and allow granola to continue to cool over the wire rack. Once cooled, break granola into clusters. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Granola
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: granola, mango, tropical, coconut, coconut and mango, tropical granola, homemade granola