Baked French Fries
- 3 – 4 russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper (optional)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons white or black truffle oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic sea salt (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 6 slider egg buns or pretzel buns
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 4 oz sliced cremini or baby bella mushrooms
- 4 – 6 slices Swiss cheese
Baked French Fries
- Heat oven to 450°F. Thinly slice potatoes to about 1/4-inch thick. Drizzle oil over potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Gently toss to create an even coat throughout the potatoes.
- Place potato slices onto a silicone-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until potatoes have reached desired crispness and are browned. Season fries with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve a side to the sliders. ENJOY!
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon truffle oil. Add more oil ½ teaspoon at a time until desired taste is reached; set aside.
- Preheat stovetop or grill on medium heat. Season beef with 1 teaspoon of truffle oil and 1 teaspoon of garlic sea salt, mix well.
- Divide and flatten beef into 6 equal patties, about 3 inches in diameter. Make a thumbprint indentation in the center of each patty to prevent bulging upon cooking. Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon of garlic sea salt onto each side of the patties. Cook or grill patties for 5 minutes on each side or until well done.
- Meanwhile over a stove-top, preheat a separate pan on medium-low heat. Butter the inside of each slider bun. Place bun butter-side-down onto the pan, toast until the bun has a light brown crisp, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, drizzle 1 to 2 teaspoons of truffle oil and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Add mushrooms, cook and stir until mushrooms have softened and browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Returning to the burgers, place a slice of swiss cheese on top of each to allow it to melt until the burgers are done. If possible, cover to have the cheese to melt further.
- Spread truffle mayonnaise on the toasted side of each bun, place burger on top, add mushrooms above patty and top with the toasted top bun. ENJOY!