- 1 ¾ cups or 56 vanilla wafer cookies, finely ground plus 8 whole wafer cookies
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer Caramel
- 1 can (13.4 oz) dulce de leche
- 4 – 5 large ripe bananas
- cocoa powder to dust
- ¼ cup caramel sauce (optional)
- In a 9-inch round springform pan, mix together ground wafer cookies and butter until evenly combined, there should be no visibly dry crumbs. Using the back of measuring cup, evenly press mixture onto the bottom and about 1 to 1 ½ inches up the sides of the pan. Freeze uncovered for 2 hours or until crust is firm when lightly touched.
- Meanwhile, in a large chilled bowl using an electric mixer, beat heavy cream and BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer together until stiff peaks form; about 10 minutes. Cover and chill in refrigerator.
- Once crust is set, evenly spread dulce de leche across the bottom of the crust. Slice bananas crosswise (reserve 8 slices for topping) and arrange them side by side in 2 to 3 layers over the dulce de leche. Spread whipped cream over the layered bananas and dust with cocoa powder and drizzle caramel.
- For an added touch, pipe swirls around the edge of the pie and insert a banana slice and a wafer cookie above each dollop. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Cuisine: American