A delicately-rich, no-bake banana pie that is easy to assemble and made with just 6 simple ingredients!
Happy Monday folks! I have something very special for you today.!
It’s not often I create no-bake desserts but today is an exception and THIS is a hit! Plus, I think we all deserve a little break from the heat of the oven, right? It’s been too gosh-darn hot in my kitchen and what I need is something to cool me down. Something new, something other than frozen ice creams. What I’m looking for is a true chilled dessert that can give a bite and after some thought… Voila! This masterpiece was made.
Super simple with only 6 required ingredients and you can have yourself one of the best banana pies you’ve ever had! Believe me when I say, I have never in my wildest thoughts imagined I could love banana and caramel so much! The dulce de leche paired with the vanilla wafer cookies give such a wonderful contrast on flavor and texture, but the bananas and BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers Caramel Cream tops the entire pie with that extract softness of pure deliciousness!
All thanks to BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers, you can amp the flavor of your next whipped cream-topped snack or dessert with any one of their 13 flavors. I already made whipped cream using BAILEYS®Coffee Creamers The Original Irish Cream (which, by the way, was absolutely amazing!) but for the sake of bananas and wafers, I found caramel to be the most fitting.
So if you’re in need to slap something together with minimal effort and minus the heat, this pie is it!Print
- 1 3/4 cups or 56 vanilla wafer cookies, finely ground plus 8 whole wafer cookies
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer Caramel
- 1 can (13.4 oz) dulce de leche
- 4 – 5 large ripe bananas
- cocoa powder to dust
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce (optional)
- In a 9-inch round springform pan, mix together ground wafer cookies and butter until evenly combined, there should be no visibly dry crumbs. Using the back of measuring cup, evenly press mixture onto the bottom and about 1 to 1 ½ inches up the sides of the pan. Freeze uncovered for 2 hours or until crust is firm when lightly touched.
- Meanwhile, in a large chilled bowl using an electric mixer, beat heavy cream and BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer together until stiff peaks form; about 10 minutes. Cover and chill in refrigerator.
- Once crust is set, evenly spread dulce de leche across the bottom of the crust. Slice bananas crosswise (reserve 8 slices for topping) and arrange them side by side in 2 to 3 layers over the dulce de leche. Spread whipped cream over the layered bananas and dust with cocoa powder and drizzle caramel.
- For an added touch, pipe swirls around the edge of the pie and insert a banana slice and a wafer cookie above each dollop. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Cuisine: American
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer. All opinions stated within this post is and will always be 100 % my own. Thank you for your support in the brands I use and trust to help me bring to you, new recipes.