Chocolate Chips in every bite with a Banana flavor undertone. These Easy Homemade Scones are just as Flaky and Buttery as those from the bakery.
- 2 2/3 cups (320 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (67 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (12 grams) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) salt
- 8 tablespoons (113 grams) unsalted butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup (160 grams) heavy cream
- 2/3 cup (85 grams) ripe banana (1-2 medium bananas)
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups (240 to 360 grams) mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Todd in the butter ensuring each piece is coated in flour. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly and no larger than the size of a small pea.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cream, mashed banana and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until a tacky dough begins to form. It should not stick to your hands. Add chocolate chips and continue to mix a few more times.
- On a dry and floured surface, knead the dough about 7 to 10 times or until a ball of dough comes together. If the dough is sticky, sprinkle flour about a tablespoon at a time to where the dough no longer sticks to your hands. Divide the dough in half and form each part into a round at least 1 inch thick in the center. Transfer onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a bench scraper or a long knife, create 4 cuts from one side to the other, all the way through to the bottom of the dough. Do not separate the slices.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Let scones cool completely or until just warm before re-cutting the slices and serving. ENJOY!