Dog Safe Strawberry and Banana Cupcakes topped with Whipped Cream for You and Your Pooch to Enjoy!
STRAWBERRY BANANA PUPCAKES
- 1 cup (127 grams) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) fresh strawberry, mashed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 30 slices of banana
- 30 slices fresh strawberries
- Nonpareils (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line each cupcake well with a mini cupcake liner; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk banana, strawberry, oil, honey and egg until just combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture into the strawberry banana mixture and mix until just combined. Scoop 1/2 tablespoon of batter into each lined cupcake well or fill up to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow pupcakes to cool to room temperature before frosting
- Meanwhile, in a chilled medium to large bowl, using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment on high speed, beat cream and 1 teaspoon of sugar together until stiff peaks form. Fill a pastry or piping bag with whipped cream using a star tip and pipe a small star above each cooled cupcake. Sprinkle with nonpareils and insert 1 slice of banana and strawberry into the piped whipped cream and serve.
All dog foods found on URBAN BAKES has been tested by me (yes, I try it too!) and is ensured all ingredients are dog-safe through credible sources and veterinarians. However, there are several allergies and/or intolerances that can develop over time which may include and is not limited to certain proteins, corn, wheat and soy. Please check with your veterinarian if your pet can consume any of the listed ingredients found in this recipe.
- Category: Dog Snacks
- Cuisine: American