Chewy maple brown sugar blondies are easy to make and pack rich buttery goodness and an immense maple flavor!
MAPLE BROWN SUGAR BLONDIES
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (220 grams) dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 grams) Grade A amber color pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs (100 grams)
- 2 large egg yolks (30 grams)
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (240 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
MAPLE BROWN BUTTER GLAZE
- 4 tablespoons (57 grams) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons (45 grams) Grade A amber color pure maple syrup
- 3/4 to 1 cup (86 to 115 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- BLONDIES: In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir occasionally until it has turned to a light golden to amber color, about 5 minutes. Quickly remove from heat and transfer brown butter to a large bowl. Dark specks may appear within the melted butter with a nutty aroma; set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease and flour the bottom and sides of a 9×13 inch (23×33 cm) baking pan and line with parchment paper leaving excess to hang over 2 opposite sides for easy removal; set aside.
- Once the browned butter has slightly cooled, add brown sugar, maple syrup, eggs, egg yolks and vanilla, mix well. Fold in the flour, baking powder and salt. Spoon batter into the baking pan and using an offset spatula evenly spread the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow blondies to cool to room temperature before glazing.
- GLAZE: Using the same process from Step 1, brown the butter. Remove from heat into a small bowl and stir in maple syrup. Gently stir in 1/2 cup powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. Glaze is ready when it reaches a ribbon stage. Drizzle glaze over the blondies and allow it to set for about 5 minutes before cutting into squares. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Blondies
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: maple brown sugar blondies, maple blondies, pure maple syrup, maple glaze, brown butter glaze, brown sugar blondies, fall dessert, 9x13 dessert