Before these chewy maple brown sugar blondies have finished baking, its rich buttery goodness and immense maple aroma will have you desperately crave a bite!
Sweetened with brown sugar and 100% pure maple, these blondies are unlike any other and its maple glaze is perfection! Both the blondies and glaze are made with browned butter that’ll captivate you with its nutty scent and buttery flavor. Being patient with this one can be a challenge! Add a pinch of sea salt over the top, if so you wish, and you can turn this treat into a luscious sweet and salty one.
How to Make Blondies
Images below show what varying steps look like during the process of making this recipe. For full instructions, see the recipe card toward the bottom of this post.
The base of the blondies is similar to my first blondie recipe yet it took a few tries to perfect this one. If you swap the granulated sugar for maple without changing anything else, the final texture will resemble a sponge-cake rather than a dense chewy bar. To remedy this, I adjusted the leavening agents by eliminating the baking soda and reduced the quantity of baking powder. After a few attempts and almost a full bottle of maple, the desired result finally succeeded!
I also tested this recipe using maple flavored syrup (aka pancake syrup) to compare any differences with Grade A 100% pure maple. The most obvious distinction between the two syrups would be the flavor. Though the texture of using pancake syrup was the same as pure maple, the flavor was definitely more pungent with a slight aftertaste. However, if wanting to enjoy maple brown sugar blondies with a friendly budget option, substituting can be done without sacrificing the texture.
Recommended Products for this Recipe
URBAN BAKES is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Influencer Program, an influencer/affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn (at no additional cost to you) by linking to https://amazon.com/shop/urbanbakes. Note that links advertised are products and/or services we’ve used, enjoyed, and want to share with you. Thank you for shopping and supporting URBAN BAKES!
If you enjoyed this recipe, consider commenting & rating below. I love to see your feedback and help answer any questions. Don’t forget to check below for related recipes.Print
Chewy maple brown sugar blondies are easy to make and pack rich buttery goodness and an immense maple flavor!
MAPLE BROWN SUGAR BLONDIES
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (220 grams) dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 grams) Grade A amber color pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs (100 grams)
- 2 large egg yolks (30 grams)
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (240 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
MAPLE BROWN BUTTER GLAZE
- 4 tablespoons (57 grams) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons (45 grams) Grade A amber color pure maple syrup
- 3/4 to 1 cup (86 to 115 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- BLONDIES: In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir occasionally until it has turned to a light golden to amber color, about 5 minutes. Quickly remove from heat and transfer brown butter to a large bowl. Dark specks may appear within the melted butter with a nutty aroma; set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease and flour the bottom and sides of a 9×13 inch (23×33 cm) baking pan and line with parchment paper leaving excess to hang over 2 opposite sides for easy removal; set aside.
- Once the browned butter has slightly cooled, add brown sugar, maple syrup, eggs, egg yolks and vanilla, mix well. Fold in the flour, baking powder and salt. Spoon batter into the baking pan and using an offset spatula evenly spread the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow blondies to cool to room temperature before glazing.
- GLAZE: Using the same process from Step 1, brown the butter. Remove from heat into a small bowl and stir in maple syrup. Gently stir in 1/2 cup powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. Glaze is ready when it reaches a ribbon stage. Drizzle glaze over the blondies and allow it to set for about 5 minutes before cutting into squares. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Blondies
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: maple brown sugar blondies, maple blondies, pure maple syrup, maple glaze, brown butter glaze, brown sugar blondies, fall dessert, 9×13 dessert
More Blondies to Enjoy
Maple Treats to Make
- Praline Pumpkin BreadGet cozy with the warm scent of Praline Pumpkin Bread. Just sweet enough with a perfect tender crumb and an incredibly nutty crunch of pecans and sweet caramel glaze.
- Maple Brown Sugar BlondiesBefore these chewy maple brown sugar blondies have finished baking, its rich buttery goodness and immense maple aroma will have you desperately crave a bite!
- Bourbon Caramel Apple CrispTake a bite into this delightful mix of sweet and tart tender apples beneath an oat crisp that’s baked to perfection. Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream and as much of this amazing homemade bourbon caramel sauce your heart desires.
- Maple Pecan Double Chocolate Banana BreadSoft and luscious Chocolate Banana Bread sweetened with pure maple is studded with toasted pecans throughout. For any chocolate banana lover, this is the perfect sweet escape.