- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Kerrygold salted butter, room temperature
- 8 oz sliced baby bello mushrooms or 1 pound whole mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices white bread
- 3.5 oz Kerrygold Dubliner cheese, thinly sliced or grated
- 3.5 oz Kerrygold Skellig cheese, thinly sliced or grated
- 1 cup fried onions
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add mushrooms when the butter is fully melted and hot. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms become tender or browned. Remove from heat.
- Generously spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter onto one side of each slice of bread. Place 2 slices of bread butter-side-down in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Spoon half of the sautéed mushrooms onto each sliced bread. Evenly sprinkle half of both cheeses over the mushrooms. Sprinkle half of the fried onions over the mushrooms. Place the sliced bread set to the side, over the onions butter-side-up. Lightly press the top of the sandwich to close any gaps and cook for 5 minutes or until bottom slices are golden brown.
- Carefully flip sandwiches over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bottom slices are browned and cheese has melted. Remove from heat. Cut in half. ENJOY!