Named “Ultimate” Blueberry Banana Bread because without a doubt, this is THE BEST! Super Soft, Tender and Moist, this bread will have you hooked!
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon (362.5 grams) granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs (110 grams)
- 3 ripe bananas (255 grams), mashed
- 8 oz (227 grams) low fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (240 grams) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (45 grams) quick or rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (6 grams) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 large banana, sliced lengthwise (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5 or a 10×4 inch loaf pan. In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon (12.5 grams) sugar and cinnamon and lightly dust the bottom and sides of the pan; set the rest to the side.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix butter and 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla. Mix in flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Fold in the blueberries. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Lay sliced banana over the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check for readiness at the 1 hour mark. The loaf is ready once a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing onto a wire rack for further cooling. Once warm to the touch, cut into 1/2 inch slices and ENJOY!
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry banana bread, sour cream bread