This skillet cookie is a MUST MAKE! Soft and chewy throughout with bits of chocolate chips and toffee that tastes like caramel, you won’t be able to say no to another piece!
Ok peeps! I asked, you responded, and now I’m givin’ it to ya! Martha Stewart’s newly released One Pot cookbook giveaway!!
Last week I received an extra copy of Martha Stewart’s cookbook and asked on Facebook who “wants it?” and lo and behold many of you responded positively. Thank you all for letting me know. I also wanted to thank my fans for interacting with me not only on Facebook but also on Instagram.
Yesterday I was bit hesitant on posting this skillet cookie because of its sunken in center. Several of you said that it looked really good so I should post it and others thought it was the perfect fit for ice cream. The moment I read the words “ice cream” I shook my head. Here’s the thing, I had every intention adding the ice cream yet somehow I forgot the darn thing during the photo shoot and before you know it, this cookie was GONE!
So reshoot… Yea, not happening. And I refuse to make this cookie again unless it’s for someone else and they just might have to pry it from my hands because I’m telling you, it’s addicting. I mean, really. REALLY addicting. You won’t stop!
I’ve had my fair share of many different cookies during my lifetime, some of which are a-okay. Then, there are others that leave a lasting memory. One that you’ll never forget because with every single bite it just gets better than the last. That’s how before I knew it, my cookie was gone! I felt guilty eating the entire thing. You better believe I hit that gym so hard and I hold no regrets.
The recipe below is adapted from Martha Stewart’s One Pot cookbook so if you don’t win the giveaway, at least you have yourself a recipe from the book. The only change I made was substituting chocolate chips for Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits. A change I am very pleased with. You still have your milk chocolate chips in addition you get the slightly chewy toffee bits that tastes like caramel when baked. You can’t beat that!Print
This cookie is a MUST MAKE! Soft and chewy throughout with bits of chocolate chips and toffee that tastes like caramel, you won’t be able to say no to another piece!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 10-inch cast-iron skillet’s interior with non-stick baking spray; set aside.
- In large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix until just combined.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Fold in 1 cup of milk chocolate toffee bits. Transfer cookie dough into skillet and smooth top. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup milk chocolate toffee bits above cookie dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cookie is golden brown and set in center. Allow cookie to cool in skillet for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: skillet cookie, toffee, chocolate chip cookie, martha stewart recipe
Skillet Milk Chocolate Toffee Cookie recipe was adapted from (p.239) Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie from Martha Stewart’s One Pot cookbook. ISBN: 978-0-307-95441-1.
ENTER IN & GOOD LUCK!
More Chocolate Chip Cookies