Caramel filled chocolate chips are baked into these banana cupcakes and topped with a banana flavored chocolate frosting!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®. The opinions and text are all mine.
In addition to chocolate, I think you may already know how obsessed I am about caramel. It was only natural that when I discovered NESTLÉ® Toll House® launched a new product called DelightFulls™ Filled Baking Morsels, I became ecstatic! Listen to this…
There’s caramel INSIDE the milk chocolate morsels!! But there’s more!
Not only are there caramel-filled baking morsels, there is also mint-filled dark chocolate morsels as well! Isn’t this exciting?! Now you know, mint flavored cookies, cakes and everything-mint are perfect for the holiday season (or for any season!) and I can’t wait to soon get started on my minty side of sweet.
It didn’t take me long to decide on what to make with my bag of caramel-flavored DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels. Having several bananas resting on my dining table desperately calling for attention did help make my decision. I quickly thought, bananas and caramel work perfectly together much like caramel and chocolate, I just knew what had to be done. Plus, I’m a firm believer you can add chocolate to practically anything sweet under the sun and you’re good to go. Thus, Banana and Caramel Filled Chocolate Chip Cupcakes were born.
They’re soft, moist and full of banana-caramel-chocolaty goodness. If you really want to enhance the caramel flavor of the cupcakes, drizzle caramel topping over its banana-flavored chocolate frosting!
PS: Did I forget to mention how much fun it is to bite halfway into each morsel to see the caramel inside?! Yea I have a thing for that.
The same NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® chocolate you know and love now filled with rich caramel, peanut butter, mint, and cherry flavored filling. Add these new filled baking morsels to your favorite recipes for a special twist on the classic, or try experimenting with them in a recipe you’ve never tried before!Print
Banana and Caramel Filled Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 cupcakes 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
Caramel-filled chocolate chips baked into banana cupcakes and topped with a banana-flavored chocolate frosting!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup (240 grams) water
- 1/2 cup (112 grams) vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs (150 grams)
- 1 cup (255 grams) or 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups (255 grams) NESTLÉ Toll House DelightFulls caramel filled chocolate morsels or semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (85 grams) semisweet chocolate morsels, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tablespoon banana emulsion or 1 tablespoon banana extract
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) milk
- 4 to 5 cups (460 to 575 grams) powdered sugar
- CUPCAKES: Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place a paper baking cup into each of the 24 cupcake wells; set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on low speed, beat the white cake mix, water, oil and eggs until just combined. Fold in banana and chocolate morsels. Fill each baking cup about 3/4 full, about 1/4 cup of batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean or with a few dry crumbs. Allow cupcakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
- FROSTING: In a large bowl on medium speed, beat butter and chocolate until blended. Mix in banana emulsion/extract and milk.
- Gradually add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and beat until completely blended. Note: for thicker consistency, add more powdered sugar by 1/2 cup at a time; to reverse thick frosting, increase milk by 1/2 tablespoon at a time and mix well.
- ASSEMBLY: Fill a pastry bag with chocolate frosting using a closed star tip (I used #1D). Pipe swirls in one direction. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cupcakes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana and chocolate cupcakes, banana cupcakes, nestle chocolate
More Banana Desserts!