Move over brownies. We’re going blonde with these easy 5 step, buttery-rich white chocolate butterscotch blondies!
These butterscotch blondies are truly irresistible. They’re soo delicious, it was extremely difficult to resist the temptation of stuffing my face. Trying hard to think about physique, I immediately packaged them to share with coworkers following the photo shoot. Unfortunately, it never made it to work and instead, landed on the steps just before I opened the door.
Holding onto the handle of my covered tray, the “secured” bottom somehow fell beneath me and all of the little blondies tumbled down the steps face front leaving a white chocolaty mess. Hoping some of the blondies landed on top of each other (and yes I would have still eaten it) these precious bites weren’t salvageable by any means. I literally wanted to pout like a two year old who’s dropped their ice cream onto the ground.
I picked myself up together (meaning my blondies) and sadly threw them out. However, they will always be remembered by its amazing sweet buttery caramel flavor of butterscotch, white chocolate, and its amazing fudge-like gooey center.
I’ve created a 5-step recipe, quick and easy just the way I like it. Not only is this recipe quite simple, it can be modified to your liking. If you’re not into white chocolate, opt for milk or dark chocolate morsels instead. Nut fan? Me too! Add nuts to give each chewy bite a nutty crunch. Or if you really want to get creative, you can add in dried fruits such as cranberries. Whatever flavors you like, this recipe gives you the ability to change the quantities to either lessen or greater the richness of a particular ingredient. And as always, ENJOY!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Consider rating and commenting below. I love to see your feedback and help answer any questions you may have. And don’t forget to check below for related recipes.Print
Move over brownies. We’re going blonde with these easy 5-step, buttery-rich white chocolate butterscotch blondies!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs + 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan or glass baking dish; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla, until just combined and no large sugar lumps are present.
- Add flour mixture, butterscotch chips, and white chocolate chips into the liquid mixture; mix well.
- Pour batter into the pan and smooth to distribute evenly. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: butterscotch blondies, blondies, white chocolate butterscotch
More Blondie Recipes