Wake up to a morning with a Warm, Buttery slice of Banana Nut Bread with one of my Best Sweetened Crumb Toppings you’ll ever have.
This post is dedicated to my loving Grandmother, whose eyes light up with smile when the words ‘banana nut’ are spoken, and to the best Grandfather one could ask for, my Papi, who never lets a day go by without having a banana… or two as part of his daily snack.
Yes, my grandparents are indeed banana lovers. Luckily for me, it didn’t take long to think of what to make using the newly packaged I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® spread, a brand I’m very familiar with in my family’s home. I knew immediately a warm slice of banana nut bread with a generous slather of this lightly salted spread would be perfect for both them! And it turns out, I was right.
As a kid when I lived in Delaware, my family would drive to New York to visit my grandparents for the holidays. It became a ritual sort to speak that the morning after our first night in, my grandmother would whip up a large breakfast of eggs, hashbrown, pancakes, sausage links and much, much more for everyone to feast. Now those were the days! And because bread has become a staple breakfast for my grandparents, it was quite common to see a fresh loaf on the table (which by the way, this still happens till today). Beside this daily bread, you could never miss that bright yellow tub of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® and with just one taste, you would never forget its smooth, butter-rich flavor that made everything taste so much better!
So now that years have gone by from those childhood days, I am so happy to hear the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® has reformulated to contain non-GMO sourced ingredients, 0 % artificial preservatives and from real simple ingredients such as a blend of oils, purified water and a pinch of salt that gives it the perfect pop of flavor. With just one bite, you’ll ‘Believe’! But here’s the kicker…
The health benefits: it’s now made with 40 % fewer calories and 70 % less saturated fat than butter. Plus, did you know that I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter also comes in a spray and in sticks in which these too, also have 0 grams of trans fat per serving, no cholesterol and no partially hydrogenated vegetable oils?! Now that’s a winner! Perfect to add flavor to any meal for spreading, topping, sautéing, cooking, and of course, baking. For more recipes, give one of these a try using the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and leave a comment on www.TheNewICB.com on how you liked it!Print
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4 medium) ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, walnuts and butter just until the walnuts are evenly coated; set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Use a baking spray with flour, generously grease bottom and sides of a 9×5-inch or 8×4-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and mashed bananas; continue to mix until just combines, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg. Fold in the remaining 1 cup of walnuts. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Evenly sprinkle and lightly press crumb topping over batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes in pan. Remove bread from pan and allow for additional cooling on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with a generous spread of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. ENJOY!
PS: Big thanks to my grandmother for her help in the photo.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.