Baileys Devil’s Food Cupcakes are Sinfully Delicious! Made with Mayonnaise, this creates the Moistest Chocolate Cake ever! Add a full cup of Baileys Irish Cream and turn this sweet treat into a boozy one you won’t forget!
These Baileys Devil’s Food Cupcakes are to die for! If you’re looking to indulge into something that’ll feel sinfully sweet and chocolaty, you’ve come to the right place. On a diet? You might want to pause for a moment to try this one. Or don’t because I guarantee you’ll want the entire cupcake or two. (I know. I’m a bad influence!)
A few years back, I commented on my boozy chocolate cake that I didn’t understand why Baileys buttercream is only popular during this time of the year [St. Patrick’s Day] because it is SO GOOD!! I can see myself enjoying practically EVERY cupcake flavor in existence with a slab of this frosting. I also once said that I’d never want to go back to an American buttercream (which is what this Baileys frosting is) after trying Swiss meringue buttercream, but this frosting may just be the exception!
This Baileys buttercream is rich, sweet and smooth but its most memorable feature is its soft creamy feel. With a few tablespoons of the Irish cream, this is all it takes to amplify a traditional American buttercream to the next level. This is a special kind of cupcake that coats the roof of your mouth with a creamy feeling leaving much satisfaction.
The cake portion is no different either. With a unique ingredient I’ve never used before this day in a “cake,” mayonnaise does the trick in creating the moistest chocolate cake I believe I’ve ever had! It’s got that special something that’ll make you creep back in the kitchen for more.
These cupcakes are highly addicting and dangerous. Only eat these if you know you won’t feel guilty in having one. But I’m sure if you plan to have an indoor house party to celebrate the holiday, these cupcakes will be a hit on the dessert table. Everyone’s going to love them!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider giving a star rating. Ratings help others discover my recipes and with the help of your support, it will be greatly appreciated, thank you!Print
Sinfully Delicious Devil’s Food Cupcakes made with Mayonnaise creates the Moistest Chocolate Cake! Add a full cup of Baileys Irish Cream and turn this sweet treat into a boozy one you won’t forget!
DEVIL’S FOOD CUPCAKES
- 1 1/2 (180 grams) cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs (110 grams)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (225 grams) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (156 grams) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180 grams) Irish cream
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cups (575 grams) powdered sugar
- 4 to 6 tablespoons (60 to 90 grams) Irish cream
- Shaved chocolate
- CUPCAKES: Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 18 cupcake wells with a cupcake liner; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment on medium-high speed, beat eggs for 1 minute. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy. Add mayonnaise and vanilla and continue to beat until just combined.
- Fold in flour mixture into the egg mixture in batches alternating with Irish cream mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into each cupcake liner; about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, rotating pans about halfway through baking. Cupcakes are ready when a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry with just a few crumbs. Allow cupcakes to cool on a wire rack to room temperature before frosting.
- BUTTERCREAM: Meanwhile, in a large bowl using an electric mixer attached with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed, beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar 1 cup (115 grams) at a time on medium to low speed. Gradually increase speed to create a smooth buttercream. Add 4 tablespoons (60 grams) of Irish cream and continue to beat buttercream until smooth with a spreadable consistency. Add more Irish cream if the buttercream is too thick.
- In a piping (pastry) bag fitted with a 1/2 in (2.5 cm) round tip, fill with buttercream. Beginning on the outside edge of a cupcake, pipe concentric rings moving toward the center of the cupcake. Gently push the tip slightly into the center of the piped buttercream and release to create the swirled tip. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Cuisine: Irish
Keywords: baileys cupcakes, devils food cupcakes, irish cupcakes
Cupcake portion adapted from p.192 of Dessert Fourplay.
More Baileys Irish Cream Treats!